2009-03-19

All I want is a cup of hot coffee

I'm all soaked and shivering with cold as I sit here right now but happy and high! :)

Once again it started raining heavily at 5 in the morning as has been the trend for quite a few days. And as per norm to enlighten the rest of the world about the latest change in weather I updated my gtalk status to "its raining!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeee..... :D". Its important to add the wheee to let them know just what I think of the rain!

But for once it wasn't enough to gaze out of my window at the rain and go yay!! All I wanted to do was go out and get wet.

And that is exactly what I did. I went out, walked across the foyer, stood on this bench that looked over at the basketball court and got wet. I almost wanted to run out of excitement. (And at one point I think I did run.) The wind blew my tee-shirt and every time the wet cloth clung to my skin it made me shiver. With each waft of wind that blew, my teeth chattered and my feet shook with cold. And yet I didn't want to go back. It felt almost liberating to stand in the rain and cold and look at the skyline and the hostel and the trees.

It felt great. And I guess I don't want to describe it in words. But now its ok to sit in my room and look at the rain, to hear the raindrops beating against the window as the occasional flash of lightning lights up the horizon and the crash of thunder breaks through the monotonous pattering of the rain. Its great to feel the warmth and coziness of my room and pull my jacket closer as I look at the rain and yearn for a cup of coffee!

No comments: