2009-03-28

A hiatus from thinking

Well I realised that I over-think and over-analyse a bit too often. And that is simply unhealthy right? I mean really even the dying brain-cells in my teeny-meeny brain deserve a break. Hence, now I am on a break from thinking for sometime/long time/I’m not really sure how long. (I might just get used to not thinking you know.)

And to aid me in not thinking I shall stick to posting random, trivial things instead of my profound thoughts on life and philosophy. And if that means having to resort to writing the inconsequential details of my life or resorting to writing 25 (maybe 50-60 who knows) random things about myself (which I had sworn I would not do) or doing all kinds of tags that people do blogs or listing the 101 things I could do with a dictionary or making long lists of the kind, I WILL.

So for today I shall tell you about one of the most frustrating of my flaws. No matter how hard I try or I don’t, for some inexplicable reason I always end up having to run to finish tasks and meet deadlines. Yes, I know laziness explains some of it and extraordinary forgetfulness some of it but really I think I’ll give the heavens and stars and skies some credit for the conspiracy. Fortunately I normally do meet deadlines even if it’s just in the nick of time! :D Haha maybe I could tell you random stories of I screwed things out of nowhere and how it’s just a sad habit as old as time!

Bringing me to today.

I was supposed to print documents for MJ (I know I’m an oft-exploited angel and I’m not bluffing you coz that is exactly what MJ also said!!!) and print my lab and submit them to respective places by 5.

Diligently I woke up early this morning to finish the lab that I could have started exactly a month but didn’t for known or unknown reasons. I was making decent progress and almost done by lunch. I could have gone immediately and printed them. But lengthy yet rapid calculations showed that if I left at 3 I would have plenty of time to just make it.

I’m already bored of telling this story so I shall keep it short.

3:30 sitting in the bus recalculating my schedule while adding the time adjustments.
3:45 In a crowded CBLC room looking for a free comp
4:00 as I hit print for MJ’s docs realisation hits me that I’ve forgotten my lab!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4:01 “FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Retard, retard, retard!!! Screwed already!!! How do I manage to be sooo dumb??? Really like always??? JINX!! Conspiracy?!? FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!” *tap myself on the head a few times and try to get rid of the butterflies in my stomach*
4:03 Recalculate once again to include running all the way back to pgp, printing and then submitting!
4:17 Finish printing MJ’s docs, write her name a dozen times.
4:20 run to post-office, look like a maniac and get an envelope.
4:23 Run to University hall and submit documents. Stupid lady doesn’t know where I have to sign!!! Dumbass.
4:27 Distress call to Vids as I wait for a bus that doesn’t want to come.
4:33 “Fuck fuck fuck”
4:35 Bus appears. Curse everyone who is not sprinting to get on the bus or out of it. Actually curse everyone near the bus.
4:42 Reach PGP. Race to room.
4:47 Appear at canteen and learn no working printer.
4:49 Plead to the pro-uni people sitting there with my most innocent, desperate looks to let me take prints
4:52 ITS PRINTED.
4:53 “Thanks a lot really!!! Thanks a million.” *eternally grateful*
4:55 On a bus already. *I ran like hell and god bless the driver, he stopped for me!!*
5:03 Submit the god-forsaken lab and smirk at the time. *HAAA I made it!!! In your face!!! *
5:05 Msg Vids to tell her how much I love her and how she is a genius!! :D


Now even I’m not sure how that was short but ahhh well and ya I do realise that not thinking will be a painful process for everyone as I churn out drivel like this. But well I have to try. Who knows what I might come up with!! :D

No comments: