2009-03-15

Nothing helps

For once nothing is helping...

Not the trees that I see from my window.
Not the slowly rising morning.
Not the softly blowing wind that makes the morning beautiful.
Not the chirping of the birds that wakes me up on most mornings.
Not the sea and the waves crashing against the shore. (I totally need another visit to WCP)
Not the sound of my keyboard.
Not the overtime that my brain seems to be doing.
Not even the hundreds of vague thoughts buzzing in my over-worked brain.
Not the mess in my room that I can't clear.
Not the view of the harbour that never sleeps.
Not the row of books lining my table.
Na... not even saying "Fuck" a few dozen times.
No beautiful quotes and songs that make me wonder at just how beautiful words can be.
Not the funny feeling in my stomach.
Not the cup of coffee I just had.
Not the cute little child playing in the morning without a care in the world. (Maybe she does have concerns that I can't see.)
Not the clear blue sky that seems to extend infinitely as if there never were dark clouds.
Not the hundreds of horrendous things happening around the world that seem so far away.
Nothing.
No words of advice, no words of solace, no words in which I can find comfort.
Not the things I want to say but I can't.
Not the teddy bear that knows everything.
Ya certainly not staring at the laptop screen though the desktop does look nice.

Nothing helps.

No comments: